Saturday, October 18, 2008

classes, classes, classes

hey, whats up? just thought i would try to catch up a little bit. never have time to just sit and type. lets see, we had our baptisms last Sunday. it went very well. we had half the church filled with friends and family, that was awesome!!! even more so, the experience was. we had dinner at aunt Carla's after that and it went well also. a little scary when u mix families sometimes. a very good day it was. we now start taking classes tomorrow at church to learn more and to become members is the goal. very exciting.

Last Thursday the DCFS lady was here to inspect the house. that also went very well. we actually started our classes today. the last for 9 weeks on Saturdays. it is definitely gonna be a challenge, but it will be worth it. for those of you that know me, i am a freak about planning and such, so this scheduling classes and homework for this class, the one at church, and my health class, and 2 jobs is about to send me over the edge planning wise. revise, revise, revise!!!! at least it is a good busy, and nothing like we used to be. you know that planning thing, i already have a crib, you know 3-5 months in advance. not too early. it was just such a good deal. and i am a little excited. it won't be without hard work as we know. we just cant wait too help.

i am going to see my nieces heaven and cass tomorrow. i can't wait!! i have gotten to see my other nieces and nephews a couple times this week. so, we are gonna squeeze some time out to get some love from them.

i realized tonite, that i really am starting to care a lot for the guy i am taking care of. i am taking him lunch tomorrow-lasagna, garlic bread, and a slice of pumpkin pie. he is so nice and caring. always teasing me. the little things with him are appreciated soooooo much. little milestones that matter. he drinks (used too) cola alll day and night. i have been after him to drink water and for the last few days, he has!!! there has been soda in his fridge all week!! yes i know it's little, but he is listening and hopefully gonna help him in the long run. we play cards or Yahtzee every time i am there. he really gets so excited that even i get excited and smiley. its awesome. his back was hurting him really bad today and you could see the pain on his face, and it actually really hurt my feelings for him. gonna pray extra hard tonight.

i am also already planning my thanksgiving meal. we have anew recipe book and i am making several things out of it. i am very excited about that!!! i love to cook big meals for lots of people. it is unfortunate that i cant do it more often for our friends. life is just busy for all. i hate that saying...makes me crazy...time just goes sooo fast and i don't want it to get past anyone i love!!!

well, i guess i should be reading either my health or foster training book. the week will be up before you know it.

wishing you all the very best...have a great week and show or tell everyone you love that you do!!!! til i write again....Tina


2 comments:

Momma B said...

Well, g-ma said she will take a look at the zipper, if it is not in pants! She would rather not be known as Mr. Fix-It though. As in, she would do it this time, but please don't let the word get out that she fixes things, or she will end up like me! FIXING everyone's everything!!! Ha, the only difference is that I am glad to use the little bit that I was given! My hands are not full of arthritis knots yet!!! (Not that sewing is a talent, by any means, just that my momma and g-ma gave me a good way to use my hands to help!)

Snot Head (a.k.a Kylie) said...

Hey Tina!! I just have to tell you while I have the chance how inspiring you are. I have seen your mood lifted enormously since you moved to Gibson, and you are just so passionate about helping. That's what I want out of life. I just want to help people. However, I just hope you don't over do it. Get through your classes and keep your head on straight, but don't forget about you.